free website stats program Front End Mods | Harley Davidson Forums

Front End Mods

I have an 02 Dyna FXD. I am changing the front end to a wide glide set-up with a 3 degree cup rake kit, new triple trees and 41mm fork tubes. I have got the trees and the fork sliders so far. The sliders are a Showa type, model G593-L SA2. Other numbers on the tag are R46006-00, L46004-00 and G593-00. A couple of questions. Would anyone know what year and model these sliders are off so I get the proper tubes? I would guess all the 00s in the codes probably mean 2000.
The other question is has anyone removed the bearing races from an FXD neck and how did you do it. Because of the hour glass shape of the neck, essentially no part of the bearing race sticking out, and a very small space between the race and the seat in the neck, I have had no luck.

As always thank you to any and all who can provide input!!!
Bob

I have an 02 Dyna FXD. I am changing the front end to a wide glide set-up with a 3 degree cup rake kit, new triple trees and 41mm fork tubes. I have got the trees and the fork sliders so far. The sliders are a Showa type, model G593-L SA2. Other numbers on the tag are R46006-00, L46004-00 and G593-00. A couple of questions. Would anyone know what year and model these sliders are off so I get the proper tubes? I would guess all the 00s in the codes probably mean 2000.
The other question is has anyone removed the bearing races from an FXD neck and how did you do it. Because of the hour glass shape of the neck, essentially no part of the bearing race sticking out, and a very small space between the race and the seat in the neck, I have had no luck.

As always thank you to any and all who can provide input!!!
Bob

The 46006-00 and 46004-00 are the Harley numbers. V-twin Manufacturing shows these for a 2000 and up FXST and FXDWGs. I know the Wide Glides went to 49mm front ends in 2006. There may have been other size changes before that. Parts for 2000-2003 should be OK for your application.

Here is a link which may help you with race removal.

STEERING HEAD BEARING RACE TOOL

Hope this helps and isn't info you already have.

Hey thanks jmpancoast.

This information was exactly what I needed. Now maybe I can finish the project before the season starts.

Uh..."--slightly curved screwdriver." Was that the one you threw 'cross the room when trying the first time? :newsmile090:

Yeah, few people have the brass drift and mallet or specialty tools most shops recommend.

Last edited:
Good luck on getting those cups in straight took me three tries rode it for a month the bike handled bad a low speeds fair at high speed took them out and the bike is sweet again,jel

Back