free website stats program front brake | Harley Davidson Forums

front brake

chuck60

I had a new front tire put on my 08 RK and now the brake leaver feels different then it did before the tire change, is this normal ? ( it feels easier when pulling it in to brake ).

I had a new front tire put on my 08 RK and now the brake leaver feels different then it did before the tire change, is this normal ? ( it feels easier when pulling it in to brake ).

The caliper has to be removed or the wheel assembly slipped out with the brake pads intact, typically the brake will feel a bit different for a few miles:s

See how it settles in. They may have re-seated the pistons in the caliper or just gotten some accumulated dirt out of the way.

Several days after a change like yours.... I always squeeze the brake handle in and hold and out and in and hold... Usually feels good about the third time I do this..

Heck,,,, I just MIGHT be getting used to the new feel we have...

I also Just did a new front tire and a new Rotor..

IF it is really soft and doesn't get Firm, Take it back to the installer shop and ASK?

did you blow out the calipers by chance and I don't mean with a air hose...:newsmile055:

signed....BUBBIE

If you have not flushed brake fluid yet at 2 year interval now would be a good time for that.

Back