free website stats program Front Brake Soft | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Front Brake Soft

The only problem you now have Joe is they may say " Wow, you fixed it. Seems to be working Great now! So there's No point in us taking it apart and possibly making it any worse.. Just go & Enjoy your ride.!"

(Mark the caliper with some clear nail polish before you go)

My thoughts exactly. Especially if there is no obvious damage or imperfection in the caliper.
They may offer to rebuild it.... But I wouldn't hold my breath for a new one.

Good job of troubleshooting Joe, and fixing the problem.

Glider I know you are on LI also, What service dept has a good reputation?

Not on LI but I don't use any service dept unless it's a warranty issue. It's difficult to find a reputable service department that does what they say they will but there are some out there if you check around.

Sorry I can't be more help here.

Take it to the address on your drivers license. That guy is sharp...:p

Thanks Hoop, 30 years of troubleshooting broken Jets comes in handy sometimes on a Harley

Other than warranty I try and do it myself. It is hard to find guys that will take the time to listen. If the guy I first brought it to would have listened he would of been able to nail this the first shot. I told them the day after I bought the bike that the brake feel was soft and every once in awhile when you came to a stop in the last foot it seemed to pull to the left. That was the key if only 3 pistons are moving on the right and 4 on the left , Gotta be the RH caliper? They dont listen they just want their tip and go to lunch.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hummm, not really. I only have 1 caliper on my bike in the front and the wheel does not pull to that side when breaking.

It probably does pull but it is what you are used to cos if you have a twin disc bike with independently operated disc's you can feel the difference between using one or the other

Brian

I'm a take it in for warrantee work only too. Trouble is sometimes I have to do the warrentee work myself to get it done unless I want to take it in at least 3 times before they get it right. Good thing I've been working on my own Harley's since '89 or so.

if you have a twin disc bike with independently operated disc's you can feel the difference between using one or the other

Brian

Dual front disks with independent levers. I have never seen anything like that. Who produces & makes that? What would be the purpose?

Dual front disks with independent levers. I have never seen anything like that. Who produces & makes that? What would be the purpose?

Motto guzzi did a link system with back brake and front left linked together operated by the foot brake pedal with 30% power to the rear brake and 70% to the front left the front right brake was operated by the handlebar leaver
My normal riding style is to use the foot pedal most of the time on the guzzi when i used the handlebar leaver on its own i could feel the fork twist the twist was greatly reduced but not eliminated by fitting a fork brace
fork brace was fitted just above the front mudguard which was plastic or fibre glass and offed no stiffening of the front fork area unlike hd steel ones

Brian

Back