Front brake pulsing

Discussion in 'Wheels' started by 2006FXDCI, Aug 11, 2009.

1. 2006FXDCI

2006FXDCI Active Member

I took my bike to the shop that is building my engine last week and noticed when I applied my front brake it was pulsing pretty bad. Any suggestions on a fix? I want to correct it as soon as I get my ride back. Thanks

2. Bud White

Bud White Well-Known Member Retired Moderators

check the front rotor for warpage

3. kemo

kemo R.I.P

Time to think about new rotors. Some will try to straighten them using a dial indicator. Floating rotors are a nice touch. They shed heat well and that helps against warpage.

4. McQueen1963

McQueen1963 Active Member

Same problem with my 2005 Heritage I had to replace the rotor. There is no other solution

5. Blue Wide Glide

Blue Wide Glide Junior Member

I vote for a rotor replacement also. Floating rotors are a good idea, especially when it is very hot and downhill!!

6. The4opps1

The4opps1 Junior Member

Had the same problem with my '99 Ultra. Replaced the rotors, and while I was at it, redid the bearings and the brake pads. The new rotors eliminated the problem. Like my old one's, your's are probably warped....

7. 2006FXDCI

2006FXDCI Active Member

Thanks for the info everyone, I am gonna get a set of floating rotors from hog pro so I have the when I get my bike back from the garage. Should I get new rotor mounting hardware also?

8. kemo

kemo R.I.P

It is recommended to replace fastners.

9. Bud White

Bud White Well-Known Member Retired Moderators

yes get new rotor bolts