free website stats program Front brake problem | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Front brake problem

I replaced the pads on my rear brake today and took some photos on the way i will be doing a wee write up on that in the next couple of days i was going to do the front also but camera battery died so perhaps tomorrow i will get that done
glad to hear you are sorted and going again
we are expecting some severe weather here over the next couple of days 80 mph winds lots of rain etc so bike will be staying in the shed

Brian

I am in north east Scotland on the moray firth where it seems to rain most of the time
from your avatar you have a 93 sportster my first Harley was a 93 sportster and i still have it if it is an 883 then it is a fairly unique model as it was the first year for belt drive and 5 speed gearbox but looks the same as the previous models and for 94 there was a large redesign for the sportsters

Brian

Then u have the rain I am getting tomorrow:) Then its spesial. Going to customise it this winter, I realy like the sportster stripped down look. Only one big engine and wheels!
What are the changes for the 94 model?

oil tank battery tray oil lines rear fender primary cover redesigned with a large derby cover redesigned clutch mechanism
you may find that your battery tray may split the oil tank when the lower rubber mount gets weak
battery tray if mounted to the oil tank in 2 points oil tank has 3 rubber mounts to the frame and there is 1 rubber mount under the battery tray when it gets weak the battery tray will pull on the mounts to the oil tank and split it
94 had a complete redesign with more and stronger mounts

Brian

Back