front brake lever

Discussion in 'Touring Models' started by lowrider13, May 19, 2014.

1. lowrider13

lowrider13 Active Member

I just bought a 01 road king, nice bike and I like it. A couple of questions my front brake lever, I have to pull in to about 1 inch from gipr to have it catch. Do I need to flush the old fluid out to tighten the play back up? Any help would be appreciated.Second Question, my front fender tip lite no working, I followed the wires seem to be plugged in. I there a fuse for this? Thanks

2. SE6A

SE6A Member

Hi There, it may be worth a look at the thread I posted, under ''softails' re my brake lever, I would think you may need a top up with the corrct fluid and to bleed the brakes....

3. Jack Klarich

Jack Klarich Expert Member

You may try bleeding the brakes first with the correct fluid, as far as your fender light, pop off the lens and check the socket with a test light, clean the socket and try a new bulb first Harley Davidson Forums have a look here also

4. Breeze3at

Breeze3at Well-Known Member

If your fender tip bulb is bad, the common replacement is a #194 at any auto parts store.

5. Jack Klarich

Jack Klarich Expert Member

[​IMG] Here is a wiring diagram, the front and rear fender lights are tied in to the same circuit

6. lowrider13

lowrider13 Active Member

Thanks for the help I appreciate it.