free website stats program Front brake buzzing rattling noise | Harley Davidson Forums

Front brake buzzing rattling noise

davidfb

I have a 2011 Fatboy ABS 1500 miles. I have just started to notice a noise from the front disk brake, it is like a buzzing or rattling sound. First time I heard it was at about 1320 miles. I took it in to HD and they test rode it and it never made the noise. They beveled the front edge of the pads on the front brakes. Did not hear it on the ride home. Did on next 2 rides.
It happens at slow speed like when I slow for a turn or stop. Seems to only
happen if I ride for about 45 minutes or longer, never heard it other than when I slow almost to a stop or turn.
I did a search on here and kinda sounds like this is normal. I don't think it is
my ABS, I don't feel any pulsing or any thing and I am going very slow when it happens. I do still have stock exhaust. HD said I can bring it back in and see
if they can get it to happen when they test it.

I have a 2011 Fatboy ABS 1500 miles. I have just started to notice a noise from the front disk brake, it is like a buzzing or rattling sound. First time I heard it was at about 1320 miles. I took it in to HD and they test rode it and it never made the noise. They beveled the front edge of the pads on the front brakes. Did not hear it on the ride home. Did on next 2 rides.
It happens at slow speed like when I slow for a turn or stop. Seems to only
happen if I ride for about 45 minutes or longer, never heard it other than when I slow almost to a stop or turn.
I did a search on here and kinda sounds like this is normal. I don't think it is
my ABS, I don't feel any pulsing or any thing and I am going very slow when it happens. I do still have stock exhaust. HD said I can bring it back in and see
if they can get it to happen when they test it.

Floating rotors will make that noise, but have them check it any way:s

Thanks for the quick reply, do you think my 2011 Fatboy with ABS has floating rotors?
I did have the dealer check it out

Ive got a 2011 Heritage with over 11000 miles on it since May when I bought it. I get the same buzzing from my front brake. Never felt any reduction in braking power. Dealership never said anything about it during servicing. Not sure what it is, but its never caused me a problem.

check your front axle torque, had the same thing but on a older bike. some times things get missed even with a good mech

Back