free website stats program front brake bleeding problems... | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

front brake bleeding problems...

Fin_676 uses the method that works for me. Once I get the front to be reasonably firm, I do the bungie cord 'round the front brake lever overnight...and in the morning do the rubber mallet thing gently from the farthest brake caliper up the hose to the cross over and then up to the master cylinder...then I do the nearer caliper up it's hose to the cross over and to the master cylinder. If you have the reservoir cover open you will see the last bits of bubbles escape, hold the lever, undo the bungie and gently release, and then squeeze smoothly, not too hard to spurt the fluid out, but enough to get the last bubbles out, ...put the cover back on with new o-ring if needed and torque screws down...DONE! :s

Update I've got a much better brake squeeze now. Not sure exactly when it happened. I did a couple more times as Brian said and tapped the lines and turned the bars but it still felt kinda spongy but different. So then I went for a short ride using the rear brake only. Then I came back and was fooling with the brakes some more and seemed all of sudden I had a much stiffer squeeze. It will lock up the front tire now, but still I think I need more fluid since the handle comes in a bit before it works.

Back