free website stats program Front and rear wheels the same? | Harley Davidson Forums

Front and rear wheels the same?

2manycats

Hi all,
I've been looking for an answer to this for some time, but can't really find anything. Maybe because the answer is just too simple. On a 2010 FLSTC, are the front and rear wheels the same? Now, before you laugh, I mean if I stripped the wheels of the sprocket, etc, and just had both wheels side by side, would they be the same?

The reason I need to know is that I want get the rim, hub and spokes seperately off Ebay and build another wheel for the rear, to have around just in case. The hubs are fairly cheap, but when I've inquired, the sellers don't seem to know if it's from the rear, the front or much of anything else.

I know they're a pain to build, but I'm in no hurry. I can do this for about $200 rather than spend $750 for a new wheel from Harley, or buy a used wheel from Ebay from someone who SWEARS it'll fit your bike-only to get something that's good only for a door stop (done that).:bigsmiley19:

I've asked 2 Harley mechanics who gave me opposite answers that just left me shrugging my shoulders.

I believe you will find that the rim widths are different from the front and rears.

Attachments

• Tire and rim sizes.pdf
    81 KB · Views: 19
  • Tire and rim sizes.2 pdf.pdf
    74 KB · Views: 13
Back