free website stats program Frogg Toggs Rain Gear? | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Frogg Toggs Rain Gear?

Since I started this thread I guess it's time I chimed in again. Based on the mostly positive feedback from the many posts in this thread, I was all set to get the Road Toads by Frogg Toggs. Just prior to pulling the trigger, I decided to check ebay real quick. Long story short, I got a fantastic HD rain suit (jacket and pants, goretex type) in mint condition for half the price of a new suit. It works great too - I haven't ridden in a drop of rain since putting the suit into my saddlebag!

Wellll, let me tell ya sumpin......
25h0px0.jpg

I have those Overpass II's by HD, and the great thing about them is that even in a mountain downpour, them and the HD overboots kept us powder dry. They're not too bulky to ride in. The downside is they take up a tremendous amount of room to pack up;valuable storage space when you are on a trip. Those Road Toads pack up pretty small do they?

Do the Troggs actually pack up any smaller than the HD's? I've been lookin at some on ebay and it doesn't look much smaller than the Overpass II's.

I have Fieldsheer Rain gear packed in my bags, since 1993 listed for $69 back then (but got them for $39 at Laguna Seca and they are still just fine. Since they are no longer available, but the Frogg Toggs are very similar in design, and certainly worth the price of admission at $49. Just don't forget the boot covers or use Totes to keep the feet dry. :57:

BTW...does anyone remember the nylon handlebar covers called "Hippo Hands"? I used them on my metrics when slogging in the rain...they worked great and kept your hands nice and toasty...just three velcro straps each side and slip your hands inside...yes you have to know how to ride your bike without looking at the controls. I think I lost them when I sent my "Blade" ('93 Katana) to Phoenix... :(

I remember Hippo Hands. I think that they were promoted more for Goldwings and metric sport bikes than Harleys and cruisers. They were ugly as sin but people say they really worked in keeping your hands warm and dry. I could have used them on the trip I mentioned above. However, the Frogg Toggs and the Chippewa waterproof boots make up for the water soaked gloves.

I just picked up a new rainjacket, the Tourmaster Elite. Very well made with a ton of the reflective piping on it, reflects even in the sunlight. All the goodies, velcro collar, elastic/velcro closures at the wrists and the hood for under the helmet, double closures over the zipper. It was only $50 and I haven't seen rain since I bought it!

I bought the frog toggs and LOVE EM!!! They come with a stuff bag and store smaller than a half helmet. I wore them in the Smokies. We were in rain riding up to Clingmans dome. It was 50 degrees and I was warm and dry. When we got back down to lower altitudes the temp warmed up and I didn't sweat at all. Some suits cause you to sweat so bad that you might as well not wear it!! They fit loose enough to wear a jacket under them but, I didn't need one. When I need another rain suit it will be another frog togg.

I remember Hippo Hands. I think that they were promoted more for Goldwings and metric sport bikes than Harleys and cruisers. They were ugly as sin but people say they really worked in keeping your hands warm and dry. I could have used them on the trip I mentioned above. However, the Frogg Toggs and the Chippewa waterproof boots make up for the water soaked gloves.

I found Hippo Hands at HippoHands dot com.

I use Frogg Togg Pro more than 3 years and very happy. Not hot, does not blow also when you dress it. For 700 km in the rain it has not got wet. It occupies a little place.

Back