free website stats program Frogg Toggs Product Line | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Frogg Toggs Product Line

The gators is the answer to protect your legs (on rain suit) from melting...Plus they keep your boots and shoe dry . We got the HD gators on sale for 39 buck a pair.

If you hear what material or products are out there please post the info.

Try not to laugh but I think most were actually using the stuff that goes on top of an ironing board!

The gators is the answer to protect your legs (on rain suit) from melting...Plus they keep your boots and shoe dry . We got the HD gators on sale for 39 buck a pair.

I think I actually have a pair of them in the bottom of one of my saddlebags. Are they heat resistant? Or just more so than the Frogg Toggs material?

Don't laugh about the ironing board cover material Doc. I have had my frog togs for 4yrs. now.First time I wore them on the Harley I melted a hole in the right leg,went to a dollar store and bought an ironing board cover (grey) cut my patch and used a bit of contact cement to glue them on and they have been great ever since.:D

Thanks - great tip!

Doesn't surprise me at all how well it works - that stuff is designed to resist the heat of an iron on full blast after all!

HD should sell some of it with a bar and shield on it!

Here's my "no cost" rain suit heat shield protector. I cut the leg off an old pair of black jeans and sewed a piece of elastic into the thigh end. I split the other end up a few inches and put a snap fastener in (this end was too narrow to go over my boot. I can slip these over my boots, then snap the bottom closed. The elastic holds just below my knee. The denim is not heat proof, but it seems to spread the heat out so the suit doesn't melt. So far they work ok.

Attachments

• rain suit heat shield 002.jpg
    rain suit heat shield 002.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 28
Hey Breeze, I'm lazy! How much to ship me one of those? :D

IF I had a sewing machine available, I might be persuaded to make you one. But those are all fumble finger hand stitches. Ouch :D I was gonna use an ironing board cover, but the wife couldn't find one at Dollar store so she picked one up at BedBathBeyond for $18. I just couldn't bring myself to cut a 12" piece out of it, and went to the jeans.

Back