free website stats program Frogg Toggs Product Line | Harley Davidson Forums

Frogg Toggs Product Line

Dr. Dolittle

Experienced Member
Contributor
Retired Moderators
I know Frogg Toggs didn't start out as a motorcycle clothing company but apparently folks thought highly enough of their products that they began riding in them.

The company sensed an opportunity and introduced their Road Toads line that WAS designed with motorcyclists in mind.

Now I go to their website (Frogg Toggs) and see that there are currently three suits offered for bikers:

1. Road Toads
2. Elite Highway
3. Horny Toads

Anyone know enough about these products to comment on the significant differences? Road Toads have been around awhile - anyone ride with one of the other two and want to share your comments?

I e-mail the co. a few months back and asked it the inner part of the legs were heat resistant and goy a reply back stateing that they are not.

I e-mail the co. a few months back and asked it the inner part of the legs were heat resistant and goy a reply back stateing that they are not.

I'm aware of this issue. Many people came up with their own fixes for this problem. The manufacturer now sells a heat guard kit for $7.

Over 100 views for this thread and no comments?

I guess either everyone is using the Road Toads or the other two are so new that not enough folks have bought them to give any feedback. I just might have to be one of the pioneers and try one of the newer suits.

Last edited:
sorry i cant help on the evolution, my 2 piece suit is made by teknik the cost me 20-30 bucks they work fine i can not compare,, these are the only ones i have ever had [5 years] before that jeans & leather jacket, & eye squinting;;;

Doc we have paid over 300.00 dollars for for Harley Rain suits and always seem to have gotten wet. We bought a set of froggtoggs for 39.00 at a discount sporting goods store in Texas and never been wet since. My wife did up grade to some with reflective stuff on em and paid 69.00 still never been wet. Also i wear em over my heated gear they are so freakin light and they do breath . However we wear gators for our feet and they have the protection on them. In my opinion they are without a doubt best rain suit on the market for the money. you can't go wrong. BTW flying Big "D" into Atlanta tomorrow lol.

Doc we have paid over 300.00 dollars for for Harley Rain suits and always seem to have gotten wet. We bought a set of froggtoggs for 39.00 at a discount sporting goods store in Texas and never been wet since. My wife did up grade to some with reflective stuff on em and paid 69.00 still never been wet. Also i wear em over my heated gear they are so freakin light and they do breath . However we wear gators for our feet and they have the protection on them. In my opinion they are without a doubt best rain suit on the market for the money. you can't go wrong. BTW flying Big "D" into Atlanta tomorrow lol.

Thanks for the input. I'm in a similar situation. About a year ago, in a mindless frenzy to buy "stuff" that I was convinced I needed to be a proper rider, I bought a nice, Gore Tex, HD rain suit on Ebay for way more $$$ than I care to admit. I have worn it ONCE for an extended period and it did a nice job but it's just so bulky - both when being worn and when stuffed in the saddlebag. I don't ride enough annual miles or do enough extended trips to really be exposed to the continuous nasty weather that dictates wearing this type of suit. I'm looking for something to throw on the couple times a year I might get caught in the rain that doesn't cost an arm and a leg and packs very compactly.

FYI. I just spoke with the folks at the link Doc provided and they indicated the "Frog Leggs" are the product needed to protect your suit against exhaust pipes. A pricey bit of protection IMO. The person I spoke with said the heat patch they sell is small and meant as a repair kit should your toggs get a hole burnt in them.

Kinda puts me back in the bulky rain suit market if the info provided to me is correct.

FYI. I just spoke with the folks at the link Doc provided and they indicated the "Frog Leggs" are the product needed to protect your suit against exhaust pipes. A pricey bit of protection IMO. The person I spoke with said the heat patch they sell is small and meant as a repair kit should your toggs get a hole burnt in them.

Kinda puts me back in the bulky rain suit market if the info provided to me is correct.

Well, I guess they just saw an opportunity to price their stuff to make more money. I swear a year or so ago when I looked at them, they offered a large patch of material you could glue onto the inside of the right pants leg to protect from hot pipes. Now it becomes part of the Frogg Leggs option and costs you upwards of 50 bucks!

I've read many posts from creative riders who've glued their own heat resistant material onto the pants of whatever rainsuits they're using. Guess I'll go that route if I decide to get something from this company.

Well, I guess they just saw an opportunity to price their stuff to make more money. I swear a year or so ago when I looked at them, they offered a large patch of material you could glue onto the inside of the right pants leg to protect from hot pipes. Now it becomes part of the Frogg Leggs option and costs you upwards of 50 bucks!

I've read many posts from creative riders who've glued their own heat resistant material onto the pants of whatever rainsuits they're using. Guess I'll go that route if I decide to get something from this company.

If you hear what material or products are out there please post the info.

Back