free website stats program French Alps ride | Harley Davidson Forums

French Alps ride

Just back from 4 days trip in the French Alps including 1 day boating in Cannes.
Cannot tell how good & gorgeous it was. About 1000 miles of nice landscape, mountains and nice turning & turning & turning roads.

Pleasure has a definition for me now

Road map can be available including hotels, restaurants. . .

at your disposal for US riders (and others also)

I've ridden thousands of miles throughout France, and there is definitly some breathtaking scenery there, the sort that makes you want to pull over and just sit and enjoy it.

Lots of people knock the French people for various reasons, but in some 20 bike trips there I only recall ever having one problem with anybody there, and that was with the traffic cops, for riding without my headlight on during the day.

MAN--WHAT A BRIDGE!!! No intentions of going to france, but that would be on the "short list" of things to do. Tracy

I am not familiar with France but did you get a chance to cross the Milau bridge...?

It has been built since I last went, in the eighties, but I saw a documentary on the building of it, and it would definitely be worth going to France just to ride over that thing. :D

i'm doing spain and france next year

Get some good break down insurance dude. I broke down in Nice many years ago, on my uber reliable metric bike. That was the only time I never took out RAC recovery, and I finally had to hitch back to the UK, join RAC, hitch back to Nice, call RAC, got the bike trailered home, and they flew me back. :D

Turned out the Uber reliable Kawa 1300 had fried its battery and alternator for some reason.:newsmile010:

Back