free website stats program Freedom Wings | Harley Davidson Forums

Freedom Wings

zoood

Product Contributor
I just ordered a set of Freedom Wings. Seems no one makes em for the older style fairing. Even my fairing has a 5 hole pattern at the windshield base, not like the newer style that only has 3 holes. I plan on modifying the freedom wings to mount to my older 1993 fairing. Im looking into more ways to direct air flow to my engine.

zoood

When you want something and they don't make it for your model you do what you have to and make it fit.

When you want something and they don't make it for your model you do what you have to and make it fit.

I modified the wings so they would fit the bat wing fairing of my 93. The main reason I added them was to see if I could increase the amount of air flow towards the trikes engine. It did increase the flow. Problem now is that it not only directed more air at the engine. It also increased the amount of heat that the engine gives off towards me. Since I had to add mounting holes for the wings on the inner fairing. The wings are kept closed and are only for looks. Oh well,... back to the drawing board. I wish more riders, when they post about a item they add to their rides would be more direct about what it has done for their rides and not just boast about the add-on like it's the best thing since sliced bread. Their write-ups are misleading.

zoood

Back