free website stats program Freedom Performance Pipes? | Harley Davidson Forums

Freedom Performance Pipes?

robertc

Freedom Performance Pipes?

I heard a set of these on a newer street glide with the 103 motor. It was a true dual setup with larger slip-ons, kind of like the size of monster ovals but not oval. The owner said it was about a grand for them...They sounded amazing!!!
A REALLY deep rumble sound. I can't stop thinking about how good they sounded. Anyone have any experience with this brand as I haven't ever heard of them before. They really enhanced that potato, potato sound at idle. Very nice sounding pipes.

I bought and had installed a set of 3.5" Tru Dual Fishtails at Sturgis and they are awesome! Not only do they look great but sound and performance are outstanding. I immediately notice more torque at lower RPM, no backfire when downshifting, and a much smoother ride with consistent power at highway speeds. I realize the pipes are not responsible for all I mentioned above and the correct mapping is a major part of performance relative to air/fuel mixture. My bike already had been Dyno'd with previous pipes and a Stage 1 so when they did the installation they just added an update program and everything is running just fine.
If you would like to see pics go to my profile and select my album, let me know what you think.

Sweet ride

I was blown away by the sound. You should put a sound bite on the site so people can hear how amazing these pipes sound. How do they sound when you get on the throttle a bit?

Thanks for your input...

They were a little light in the beginning but now that I have a couple thousand miles on them they have that deep base rumble and when you pop the throttle they just get better!

Few months back I asked the same question & no one really could provide feedback so I ended up getting an awesome eBay deal on another TD exhaust. Heard they're fairly new & owner worked for one of the big bike exhaust makers, but wanted to venture off on his own. Sounds like they are good quality & now the buzz is starting. I'm sure we'll hear more as their products spread across the biking community.

I installed Freedom Preformance Exhaust on 2 09 Ultra's. Looks are awesome, sound is that potato, potato tune, and haven't seen any in my community at all. Like to be different. When the sound starts to get to loud, pull baffles out and rewrap them with hightemp fibergalss wrap and the sound as good as new. I would buy them again. Spendy yes, what I was looking for, yes. But what isn't spendy when doing your build to your specs?

Wow...those CFR's are pretty sweet too, but a tad on the loud side for my taste. Want to prevent additional "ringing in the ear" from my AF days...;)

Back