free website stats program frame vibration | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

frame vibration

I rode the bike to work this morning and since I tightened the upper link most of the vibration is gone. I wonder if I replace the rubber bushings in the ends of all the links if all my vibrations would go away. What da ya think?

Yours may be different but on my top engine stabilizer link, the end bushings are hard nylon and not rubber. Don't know if yours are the same.

A little is expected, but what I have is too much. I've had the bike for 6 years and put over 50,000 miles on it, so I can feel every little change in performance. The vibration has gotten progressively worse in the past year. I've gone through two sets of fairing brackets and all the threaded inserts on the back of the inner fairing have busted out. I had to drill completely through the fairing to run a nut and bolt to hold the whole mess together! Now the vibes seem to be moving to the rear cause the saddlebags are now shaking like crazy. I don't trust the dealers, most of them say that's normal for a Harley. But it didn't vibrate when I bought it, so I know what it's doing now is not normal. Oh well, I'll just keep plugging away and eventually I'll find the problem, hopefully before the whole thing shakes apart!!!!!

Since you have a few miles on the bike, I would also do a compression check just to make SURE each cylinder is delivering equal power. If one cylinder happen to be contributing more than the other, you would chase an imbalance till the next century.

Back