free website stats program found this interesting | Harley Davidson Forums

found this interesting

While I agree with Harley Davidsons statement about "unneeded wind resistance", I think they made a large Public Relations goof. Besides the Bald Eagle, and the Stars & Stripes, Harley Davidsons are a symbol of the USA. They should be proud to see Harley owners flying flags (even great big ones). It would have been soooo much better if they just quietly honored his claim. I really doubt the wind resistance had any bearing on the drivetrain failure.

Not the way to treat long time riders!!Clutch and transmission are "cheap" compared to this negative advertising.:shock

While I agree with Harley Davidsons statement about "unneeded wind resistance", I think they made a large Public Relations goof. Besides the Bald Eagle, and the Stars & Stripes, Harley Davidsons are a symbol of the USA. They should be proud to see Harley owners flying flags (even great big ones). It would have been soooo much better if they just quietly honored his claim. I really doubt the wind resistance had any bearing on the drivetrain failure.

I agree with you Pete, Harley may be cutting their throat on this one!

Harley doesn't have a problem with an overloaded bike with T-Bags, tent, sleeping bag, etc.

Not to mention with a passenger who "might" be adding a bit to the load.

This story hit the national web news today...I wonder what Harley will do to try and save face.

It's funny that we love our Harley's even though the company sometimes treats us owners like...I can't say it here:D

Back