free website stats program Found a vintage Harley Davidson jacket. | Harley Davidson Forums

Found a vintage Harley Davidson jacket.

David85

Hi everyone!

I recently found a vintage Harley Davidson jacket (bought in the 80s by a uncle of mine) by a major basement cleaning. I am curious if it's worth anything, and if it's a good item for collectors. I was looking for more information online, but couldn't find anything.

Photo's:

Thanks a lot in advance,

Kind regards,

David

A good way to find out would be to do and "advanced" search on ebay for vintage HD jacket. There are boxes for current listings and completed listings. I look at completed, to see what items actually sold for. Good luck, that is a nice looking jacket.

A good way to find out would be to do and "advanced" search on ebay for vintage HD jacket. There are boxes for current listings and completed listings. I look at completed, to see what items actually sold for. Good luck, that is a nice looking jacket.

Thanks for your reply! I already tried searching Ebay, but couldn't find another jacket that looked just like this one. I am still trying as we speak :).

Anyone got more advice or a current value of a jacket like that? Thanks a lot in advance!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi David,

Looks like it's in good shape. I'm no expert by any means but, typically apparel that is made in America will command a higher price than anyplace else. I'm not aware of any "special" or "limited" issue products since apparel is created and sold annually so, as each year passes, it's pedigree fades with time. As long as it's in decent shape and being branded HD, it should command a decent price for a good condition, HD Leather Jacket. Not sure if it will really bring "vintage" pricing like some clothing like old Levi's or other clothing but, that stuff it typically manufactured in North America with some really good quality standards at those times. I'm thinking more like 50s, 60's etc. The 80s kinda of falls in that time when everything was moving overseas and clothing was more disposable or forgetful.

I could be entirely wrong. Hope you got yourself a nice find but, I suspect it is what it is. A nice used HD leather jacket. Might get you a couple of hundred bucks from someone that likes that style/color and fairly common size of large.

My apologies if it's worth more.

Back