free website stats program forward lighting wiring question | Harley Davidson Forums

forward lighting wiring question

old pirate

I've added forward lights with no problems EXCEPT: Where do the gray wires
connect coming from the new lights...Turn lights are hooked up and work. New switch and wiring all work but that one wire needs a home.

Should be your L & R turn signal wire connections - goes in pin#4 spot on the 4-pin signal wiring harness. These should already have 3-wires (BLU, PURP, BLK) & GRY will be #4. Need to crimp a duetsch connector onto wire & slide into harness until it catches.

:)This solution should get power to the new beams but I'm not sure if it will allow the installed switch to work or the dimmer switch to cut the new beams off as required. Not sure if connecting to the signal switch will accomplish what I need to happen. Any suggestions on where these gray wires belong if not on the signal plug?

Doesn't power up the lights. I ran the gray wire to the extra wire on the head light bundle and it came on so my set up is ok. I have a new switch installed by the directions and I think the gray wire has to go to this 12 pin bundle but I'm not sure where. There has been discussions on the yellow wire which seems to go to the head light bundle and on to the hi/low switch. This is the area I need to be in but not sure where..

which lights did you buy? I want to add a set to mine too but not sure which. I see a set from Kuryakyn but they look a bit small? Got any pics?

Back