free website stats program Forward Controls | Harley Davidson Forums

Forward Controls

Jayrad883

Good evening HD community :)

Im freakishly tall and am looking to put forward controls on my 2010 XL. anyone know any websites or other places that i can get a kit at a reasonable price?

Good evening HD community :)

Im freakishly tall and am looking to put forward controls on my 2010 XL. anyone know any websites or other places that i can get a kit at a reasonable price?

Hmmm for a sportster I'm not sure, but I have the HD set for my Dyna. You could check out Dennis Kirk and J&P cycles.

You could try Custom Chrome, the finish is top notch. The catalog is a little of a pain to browse.

Kuryakyn, Dennis Kirk, M&M Cycle Parts, or can check into HD forward controls. Also, another option is to add crash bar w/hwy pegs (long reach) to give you some legroom. When you say "freakishly"...how tall is this (Herman Munster tall)...?? :D

I know a member here who made his own. Turned out very nice and custom fit for him. I know its not for everybody but its just a thought.

Bodeen

by freakishly tall i only meant 6'3" but the sportster is really not made for someone my size. i am thinking about just ordering the HD ones but at almost 500 bucks i was just looking for cheaper options.

Not trying to be cute here but at 6' 3" don't you think it's time you moved up to a bigger V Twin?

Your time spent on two wheels would be much more enjoyable IMO.

by freakishly tall i only meant 6'3" but the sportster is really not made for someone my size. i am thinking about just ordering the HD ones but at almost 500 bucks i was just looking for cheaper options.

Try going to the swap meets. It's not always a score but you never can tell. For what's it worth, you might want to just ride the sporty with mid pegs. It's a smaller bike and not necessarily the stretch out kinda ride. It's more of a ride um kinda thing to me. I used to ride my brother's sportster with mids ok and I'm 6'-2.5". We even climbed a few small hills with it, something you definitely need mids for.

Anyhow hoping you find what you want with.

So, if 6'3" is 'freakishly tall', my husband must be a 'superfreak' at 6'4". :lolrolling

So, if 6'3" is 'freakishly tall', my husband must be a 'superfreak' at 6'4". :lolrolling

Like Rick James used to sing.... a SuperFreak, a SuperFreak, She's (or He's) SuperFreaky :lolrolling Sorry Joy just had to throw that in there, you know (and have to look over) me.

Back