Forward Controls

Discussion in 'Sportster Models' started by Jayrad883, Jun 4, 2011.

1. Jayrad883

Jayrad883 Member

Good evening HD community :)

Im freakishly tall and am looking to put forward controls on my 2010 XL. anyone know any websites or other places that i can get a kit at a reasonable price?

2. R_W_B

R_W_B Senior Member

Hmmm for a sportster I'm not sure, but I have the HD set for my Dyna. You could check out Dennis Kirk and J&P cycles.

3. gator508

gator508 Senior Member

You could try Custom Chrome, the finish is top notch. The catalog is a little of a pain to browse.

4. Iceman24

Iceman24 Well-Known Member

Kuryakyn, Dennis Kirk, M&M Cycle Parts, or can check into HD forward controls. Also, another option is to add crash bar w/hwy pegs (long reach) to give you some legroom. When you say "freakishly"...how tall is this (Herman Munster tall)...?? :D

5. Bodeen

Bodeen Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator Contributor

I know a member here who made his own. Turned out very nice and custom fit for him. I know its not for everybody but its just a thought.

Bodeen

6. Jayrad883

Jayrad883 Member

by freakishly tall i only meant 6'3" but the sportster is really not made for someone my size. i am thinking about just ordering the HD ones but at almost 500 bucks i was just looking for cheaper options.

7. glider

glider Veteran Member

Not trying to be cute here but at 6' 3" don't you think it's time you moved up to a bigger V Twin?

Your time spent on two wheels would be much more enjoyable IMO.

8. R_W_B

R_W_B Senior Member

Try going to the swap meets. It's not always a score but you never can tell. For what's it worth, you might want to just ride the sporty with mid pegs. It's a smaller bike and not necessarily the stretch out kinda ride. It's more of a ride um kinda thing to me. I used to ride my brother's sportster with mids ok and I'm 6'-2.5". We even climbed a few small hills with it, something you definitely need mids for.

Anyhow hoping you find what you want with.

9. Joyflyin

Joyflyin Experienced Member Staff Member Moderator

So, if 6'3" is 'freakishly tall', my husband must be a 'superfreak' at 6'4". :lolrolling

10. R_W_B

R_W_B Senior Member

Like Rick James used to sing.... a SuperFreak, a SuperFreak, She's (or He's) SuperFreaky :lolrolling Sorry Joy just had to throw that in there, you know (and have to look over) me.