free website stats program forward controls | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

forward controls

I have mid controls on my sportster with highway bars so that i can stretch a wee bit when i feel the need
i have forwards on the softail custom and wide glide i thought the forwards felt weird at first i got used to them after a wee while at times it would be nice to be able to move my feet on the softail
both work it just takes a wee while to adjust to the different feel

Brian

I was thinking of putting forwards on my FXRS. Is there any type that's better than others out there, or are they all about the same?

I was thinking of putting forwards on my FXRS. Is there any type that's better than others out there, or are they all about the same?

I like the standard HD ones, there are some after market ones that look like they extend a bit more forward than the HD setup. They look at least a inch or more stuck out front of the frame tubes. Some of them almost look like they would get into the front fender but obviously that could not be the case.

There are extended forward control kits from HD and they are pretty comprehensive kits and will work with the bike they are designed for

Brian

I am 6' 1" and prefer mids on my Fat Bob. Got the highway pegs and put my feet on them for a stretch, but really dont like it. Bike handles much better with mids.

I've got forwards on my Streetbob. I love them and would never go back to mids. I'm 6'2" and would probably benefit from the 2" or 3" extended forwards.

IMG_4305.jpg

frtwheel.jpg

All this said, you should know the drawbacks of forwards.
Less aggressive riding position for real twisty peg dragging corners.
My feet have slid or bounced off the pegs on longer and high speed rides. My HD airfoil pegs have the rubber grips forward to back and I believe this minimizes slippage of the boots.
At highway speeds wind travels up your shins to your chest, head and nostrils. This added wind only makes riding with a windshield that much more uncomfortable. See buffeting.

All said I love my forwards but would like a set of mid pegs (pegs only) mounted for variety.
Oh and has anyone said that the riding posture and leg stretch look right just like you should on a bar hopper like a Dyna.

I am 6' 1" and prefer mids on my Fat Bob. Got the highway pegs and put my feet on them for a stretch, but really dont like it. Bike handles much better with mids.

Thought the Fat Bob has factory forwards? Street Bob and Superglide Custom have mids from the factory.

Thought the Fat Bob has factory forwards? Street Bob and Superglide Custom have mids from the factory.
I bought my fat Bob in 2010 but I specifically looked for a new 2009 left over. Main reason was in 2009, they made the bike with Mids or Forwards. Plus I saved some $ too. I actually found the bike at a dealer in Florida and I live in NJ. They shipped it to a local dealer.

Back