free website stats program Forward controls | Harley Davidson Forums

Forward controls

Big Rol

Did anybody have trouble getting used to forward controls? I've never used them before but they came on this bike. although i have only tried a coupla short blasts my legs are everywhere wanting to go to the old riding position.I'm close to bailing on the forwards and getting mid controls if they will even work on my bike. Sorry for long post but riding fever is hitting.

Did anybody have trouble getting used to forward controls? I've never used them before but they came on this bike. although i have only tried a coupla short blasts my legs are everywhere wanting to go to the old riding position.I'm close to bailing on the forwards and getting mid controls if they will even work on my bike. Sorry for long post but riding fever is hitting.

I'm with you on disliking forward controls. I wanted a Dyna Wide Glide soooo, bad. A friend had one and let me ride it several times. I just did not like the forwards, and bought a Dyna Glide Custom because it was comfortable. Aside from looks, I have never regretted the decision. I don't think your softail has lugs for the midcontrols welded into the frame. It's probably possible to convert, but spendy. Think new inner and maybe outer primary cases for the shift shaft to go thru, plus countless other relocation items.
Maybe try a set of pegs that have heel support/rest to help keep your feet on them? A lot of folks like forwards because it is the Harley look.

I had a wee bit of trouble on the first bike i had with forward controls kept trying to put my feet on imaginary mid controls however after a wee while i got used to the position of them
now i have a wee bit of trouble getting the feet right on the sportster
so just takes some time to get used to but youll get there

Brian

If it was me, I'd sell the fx and just ride a honda... besides, you meet the nicest people on a honda...

I happen to like forward controls. In fact I just installed them on my FXDL. It will take awhile to get used to them, but I will as my former bikes had them. Gee now I have to ride the bike to get used to the forward controls. :D

I like my forward controls, didn't have a problem learning on them. That being said, I do ride a dual sport and that has mids. :) Sometimes I wish the dual sport had forwards. :)

I switched from mids to forward controls on my '06 super glide. Found myself stabbing the air with my feet above where the old controls were. Didn't take too long til I got used to 'em. I definitely liked forwards better.

Back