free website stats program Forward Controls install? | Harley Davidson Forums

Forward Controls install?

cyborg

Has anyone installed Forward Controls on a Dyna Super Glide Custom? How long did it take and how much did it cost?

I did... spent about $450 (after getting the kit and new pegs, shifter, and break pedal). Took about 5-6 hours... no shortcuts... just followed the instructions.

Has anyone installed Forward Controls on a Dyna Super Glide Custom? How long did it take and how much did it cost?

Mine is a plain FXD, not a custom, but the install is the same. I used a hacksaw blade to cut and remove my shifter shaft. Total install took about an hour. Only cost was the price of the forwards. Buy the Harley brand forwards (49080-06a) online for about $300.00.

Mine is a plain FXD, not a custom, but the install is the same. I used a hacksaw blade to cut and remove my shifter shaft. Total install took about an hour. Only cost was the price of the forwards. Buy the Harley brand forwards (49080-06a) online for about $300.00.

Same here.

Bought mine off Ebay for around $300. Was a little leary getting them from there but they looked great when they arrived. Easy to install (about 2 1/2 hours). Everything fit were it was suppose to. Had to by a shifter shaft cap and a break pad. a fairly easy do it yourself job if you have any experiance turning a wrench.

I paid $175 from the stealer brand new on the clearence table, and it was a 3 beer job.Each beer is 30 min. so it took an hour and a half.Hope this helps,Dave...

It took me about an hour and half to put them on. I just took them off last night, as I am short by nature and they were just enough to far forward for me to get comfortable with them. My bike is an 08 but I used the earlier kit part #49080-03, it is a little cheaper and you get the shifter cap with the kit, it comes in chrome or black. Install is real easy, like Dynacologist said 3 beer deal.

Back