free website stats program Fort Collins Co Area | Harley Davidson Forums

Fort Collins Co Area

walleye

Contributor
Anyone here have much information on the Ft Collins / Loveland Co. area? I may have an opportunity to transfer to that area if I choose to accept. I know there is great riding near by, but what about living there? Any pros and cons are appreciated. Thanks.

I once knew a girl from the Ft. Collins area and she loved it. She left there only because the ocean drew her to California. Stopped at the Harley-Davidson dealer in Loveland on my way back from Sturgis and found it to be one of the biggest and best stocked dealers that I've ever seen. Huge building, three story tall ceiling, big four sided rock fireplace in the center, etc. Looked like a pretty area to live in. Sorry I can't be of more help.

Thanks for the reply's guys. I have been there and through Estes park as well as Rocky Mt. National park, and the riding is incredible for sure. I am hoping to find someone who can tell me about actually living in the area. Seemed very "busy" when I went through, but I never got off the main byways. Thanks again, I appreciate all input.

Thanks for the reply's guys. I have been there and through Estes park as well as Rocky Mt. National park, and the riding is incredible for sure. I am hoping to find someone who can tell me about actually living in the area. Seemed very "busy" when I went through, but I never got off the main byways. Thanks again, I appreciate all input.

I grew up in Loveland and still live in the area. It is getting busier all the time and isn't as laid back as it once was. Definitely an active lifestyle more than some places. The cost of living is higher than average so consider that. I love the area and wouldn't choose to live many other places. If you have more questions just ask.

Very nice area, it is beginning to get crowded, and the weather is crazy sometimes (it was 75 Saturday, today it didn't hit 50). The great thing is you will be 30 minutes away from wide open spaces or big mountains, and 45 minutes from Denver. Most people out here mind there own business, lots of of outdoor stuff here year 'round. When I was 18 and bought my first street bike (1984 honda shadow 500) from the local Harley/Honda dealer, the owner told me something I'll never forget about riding a motorcycle in this area "you can see two miles in front of you and a mile behind you". I'm guessing by your user name that you also like to reel in those marble eyes and we have some prime "eye" lakes around here. Great walleye fishing, hunting, and the Rockies............it's very nice!

Back