free website stats program Formula+ | Harley Davidson Forums

Formula+

david26

So like a fool I have been listening to the Harley and running formula + in my trany. Did my 20K service and drained my tany and found there was just an insane amount of metal shavings on my magnetic plug so that junk will not be going back in my trany and the bottle I bought went on the shelf for the next time I do my primary and i went and bought a bottle redline shock proof. We will see how well the redline does.

Dave

So like a fool I have been listening to the Harley and running formula + in my trany. Did my 20K service and drained my tany and found there was just an insane amount of metal shavings on my magnetic plug so that junk will not be going back in my trany and the bottle I bought went on the shelf for the next time I do my primary and i went and bought a bottle redline shock proof. We will see how well the redline does.

Dave

Dave,

Formula + is good stuff for the Primary. Use a FULL Synthetic GL-5 rated 75W140 gear lube in the tranny though.

TQ

The MOCO has told its service department to stop using syn 3 and formula+ in the trannys HMMMM, imagine that:s We were right all aong

The MOCO has told its service department to stop using syn 3 and formula+ in the trannys HMMMM, imagine that:s We were right all aong

Jack, You have to be kidding. When did this news come out? No Formula+ in tranny? Internal memo only?

Jack, You have to be kidding. When did this news come out? No Formula+ in tranny? Internal memo only?

Donnie in last months American Iron, too many people complaining about tranny problems and noise, I suspect internal memo, HD Hush Hush cloak and dagger stuff:s

Oh Brother. That's what I have been running since the bike was new. I don't care about the noise factor,, not at all. But damage to bearings is another thing.

Hoop, if you have no noisr issues you are OK now, but next change I would use Gear Oil, I ran formula+ for 10,000 miles no problems, back in the old days we ran 60 or 70 weight oil, Tho my 60 FL liked straight STP better:p

ive never put SYN3 in any tranny and it was only in there for erm 1000miles on the glide then it became Spectro :D

I have not either. But I have run Formula+ in tranny since new. Changed it maybe 3 times over the course of 9K miles. Never saw much on the magnet but I guess it is time for Spectro 6 speed just to be on the safe side.

Hope it does Not remove the "Clank" when I shift because I live for that sound..

Redline Shockproof is good stuff, meets all the Gl-5 requirements + puts a cushioning layer on the gear teeth. You'll like it.

Back