free website stats program Formula + In The Transmission? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Formula + In The Transmission?

Re: Oil Suggestions For Harleys

Fine for tranny, not the best, but not gonna hurt anything.:wall

While it might not hurt anything, if it's not the best, then why put it in a brand new almost $30,000 bike??? For a $15 quart of the best lube for the tranny, I'd gladly spend the 15 bucks and swap it out. :wall

While it might not hurt anything, if it's not the best, then why put it in a brand new almost $30,000 bike??? For a $15 quart of the best lube for the tranny, I'd gladly spend the 15 bucks and swap it out. :wall

I have to agree with you there. I feel better with the Amsoil gear lube in the transmission. If it's not the best, it's certainly one if the best. It's good for my peace of mind if nothing else!

I will agree, but your first post about it's NOT made for trans. is dead wrong.
I will only run Redline, but Formula+ is made for both trans and primary.

I will agree, but your first post about it's NOT made for trans. is dead wrong.
I will only run Redline, but Formula+ is made for both trans and primary.

Formula + indeed did take the place of Harley Sport lube, that was the lube for ALL Sporster and Big Twin bikes at the time:s

Oh... Nice bike you got there.

I tend to err on the side of caution and often I can be very "retentive", also.

If you haven't found these yet, you can do a search for "Poll", near the top.

I simply tried the ones that seemed most popular. My thinking is that many here on this forum have more experience than I do. I have also tried some of the less popular with varying degrees of success. I now have my favorites, but, I will try others again in the future.

Just because one brand is more popular that others, it doesn't mean it's the best for you!

Primary Oil Poll

Transmission Lube Poll

Engine Oil Poll

There are many other polls here that you might be interested in. Have a look around!

Cheers!
Ferrous

I had them put Spectro 6 speed lube in the transmission at the 1K service, and it made quite a difference in noise from the transmission. Whatever was in there from the factory was very clear, and very runny, I make popcorn with thicker oil.:59:

Back