free website stats program Former Back Surgery Riders? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Former Back Surgery Riders?

No back surgery, but I have been known to feel a compressed disk/cyatic nerve now and then...OUCH...just watch out, if you have numb foot (feet) or a slight limp. Be prepared for a long layed up period with a lot of MOTRIN for the pain and possible STERIODS as an anti-inflammatory for healing! Major cause of lost time on the job for workforce...before the economic slump...!

New poster here, but longtime rider...
I had L3/L4 & L4/L5 laminectomy in 2001, went back to riding the next summer (surg was in Aug). In 2005, I rolled my dirt-track racecar and broke my neck (with short-term paralsys)...fusion to C5/C6...didn't ride again until 2007. I'm up to 300 miles at a time on a StreetGlide with a riders backrest.
Two biggest things are:
a) Take it slow...yea, it'll take awhile to get back in the wind, but not as long as you would if you reinjure yourself
b) Fit, Fit, Fit...I started back on an 07 Softail, and was suffering after 50 miles. My current bike fits perfect.

Best Wishes for a speedy recovery

All good advice, 2 back ops L 4&5 20 years ago Iam 54 ride RK Custom with no problems ,did change to a sundowner seat. good luck!

Back