fork tube size ?

Discussion in 'FXR Models' started by murf, Feb 6, 2010.

1. murf

murf Active Member

Thinking of changing to "classic" style F & R fenders. Are the fork tubes still 39mm for the '92.

2. Breeze3at

Breeze3at Well-Known Member

If you mean "Electra Glide Classic" fenders, no the front won't fit. The Electra Glide (and Heritage Classic) are wide glides, thier fenders won't fit between your tubes. You can get full look fenders for narrow glides from several places. As for rear, you can probably make a classic fender fit, but I can't say what's involved.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2010
  3. RetiredJake

RetiredJake Junior Member

Steve07,

Is a 2008 FXDB 49 mm? It is not in your list.

4. RetiredJake

RetiredJake Junior Member

Guess I'll just have to measure them.

Thanks.

5. Breeze3at

Jake; According to the posted link 2008 forks are 49mm.
    2008 Harley Davidson Motorcycles

6. murf

murf Active Member

Thanks again Steve, your list shows I should have showa 39mm tubes. Is there a "showa" stamped somewhere on them. ? Man, this forum is a never ending well of knowledge.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2010
  7. Breeze3at

Murph; "Showa" should be cast into the inside of the fork tubes. I can't remember just where, but it's very unnoticeable, I think you may have to have the wheel off, or the caliper to find it. I know my '92 has it.

8. hogrotten

hogrotten Junior Member

On my 87 XLH it was stamped behind where the fender mounts,might have to take the fender off to se it.

9. murf

murf Active Member

Thanks guys, If I can get the right fenders I think it'll make the bike llook more like what I'm envisioning. Not doing anything though until I get it home and together and see it in that state.