free website stats program Fork Slider End Cover | Harley Davidson Forums

Fork Slider End Cover

129South

I was going to install a fork slider end cover kit on my 08 RK. Has anyone done this and is it difficult?

Thanks in advance.

It's just a cover for the axel nut and hardware at the end of the fork. According to the parts catalog you must remove some of the original equipment to install, not sure what is meant by that. Looking at the photo in the catalog it looks like maybe some rubber seals or something to that effect to install. Not afraid to attempt this project (I refuse to pay the stealer to install chrome) just wondering what it involved.

Thanks.

It's just a cover for the axel nut and hardware at the end of the fork. According to the parts catalog you must remove some of the original equipment to install, not sure what is meant by that.
Thanks.

Just the axle nut cover and the axle clamp with the associated nuts isn't a big deal to do . Just torque them to the proper specs with some blue locktite when you reinstall them.

This is assuming you are referring to the parts mentioned above. Post a part number if you have it.

Part # 46282-07

Installation requires removal of Original Equipment or accessory axle nut covers. If you have no dress up covers on there now, It shouldn't be a problem.

prodimages%2F46282%5F07%5FM%5F21950%2Ejpg
prodimages%2F46282%5F07%5FVIEW2%5F21952%2Ejpg

Back