free website stats program fork oil | Harley Davidson Forums

fork oil

Dswartz

I am changing the fork oil today in my '02 Superglide and thought it would be an easy project. Everything went fine until it came time to put the top cap back on the forks. For some reason I'm having a heck of a time holding down the spring and trying to turn the cap enough to get the threads started. Anybody got a tip on how to get this done easier?

Ok, disregard this post I finally got it. Seems like all I needed was to step away for a minute and relax. Sometimes the easiest things give me the most trouble. At least now I know how to do it for next time.

Last edited by a moderator:
The manual called for type E. I went to the dealership and they told me to get Screamin performance fork oil Heavy. I really don't know much about the different types of fork oil so I went with it. We'll see how it goes.

The manual called for type E. I went to the dealership and they told me to get Screamin performance fork oil Heavy. I really don't know much about the different types of fork oil so I went with it. We'll see how it goes.

Dswartz,

That SE Heavy will work Just Fine...Got a pint right on the computer table so I can recommend it to others..:newsmile036:

signed....BUBBIE

Cool. Thanks!:bigsmiley11:

I hope you have no loose fillings:D

I went to the "B" (with 1/2 ounce extra) which is lighter than the SE heavy duty and it was FIRM ! Had to remove the 1/2 ounce and it was still noticeably harder than the "E"

I hope you have no loose fillings:D

I went to the "B" (with 1/2 ounce extra) which is lighter than the SE heavy duty and it was FIRM ! Had to remove the 1/2 ounce and it was still noticeably harder than the "E"

It seems to be good. I took it for a quick spin around the block before work and everything felt ok. I'm gonna take it a little further tomorrow to get a better feel for it.

I did use this on my 00 FXDS dyna model and my sporty
(as if it isn't stiff enough already)

I liked the Firmness but should of thought Many don't.. I Just don't follow the different weights and different rides for their use..

It is all about Style...

No excuses just lack of the facts.. Bubbie likes Firm so does everybody?:newsmile055:

get it better next time.. maybe.:newsmile011:

signed....BUBBIE

Back