free website stats program fork oil | Harley Davidson Forums

fork oil

Painter61

I have blown seal in my 06 sportser custom, I bought a manual on how too replace the seal but it does not tell how much fork oil to put in. If some one knows how much it would appreciated.

I have blown seal in my 06 sportser custom, I bought a manual on how too replace the seal but it does not tell how much fork oil to put in. If some one knows how much it would appreciated.

Doesn't the manual include a section for replacing the fork oil? For my 2001 Custom says 10.2 oz (302ml)

Sorry, I don't know if there is any changes to the forks from a 2001 to 2006 or what model Sporty you've got.

Maybe someone else will confirm..........

You are gonna change the oil in both sides, right? Measure how much comes out of the side that is still good and put that amount back in both. I am guessing it is probably around 11 oz. Adjust the level so you have the ride you like. Make sure both side have the same air gap within 1/8".

TQ

2006 Fork Oil Capacities
2006ForkOilCapacities.jpg

2006 Fork Oil Capacities
2006ForkOilCapacities.jpg

Chop! Welcome back, Brother. We have missed you.

Trust everything is going well with the new shop. Soon as I get my round tuit (supposed to be in the mail!!), I will send you a list of all the stuff I think I need to redo the little bike.

TQ

Back