free website stats program Fork oil | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Fork oil

I've got 32,000 miles on my SG. When should this be changed. The suspension feels fine. Most of the miles are highway miles. Does that make a difference?
Gary

Not familiar with the 07s but the fork oil replacement on my 05 was a cinch. No spring pressure on the fork tube plug at all....just loosen and remove. Nothing else to take off the bike other than the nacele. Replaced ld oil with Amsoil Shock Therapy #10 medium and voila.

I've got 32,000 miles on my SG. When should this be changed. The suspension feels fine. Most of the miles are highway miles. Does that make a difference?
Gary

For those of you without a cartridge on the left side, I suggest changing out your fork oil every year. This is WAY over kill, but you are only using about 22 oz. of new oil each time. Why not?

TQ

This is my version of "why do they put metric fasteners on the forks"? I have always went with the fact that Harley has been using Showa front forks on their heavier bikes (at least) since Shep was a pup. Showa is a Japanese company, thus metric. I believe that the Japs fill their forks with fish oil instead of petroleum based oil. It makes you want to hurl when you take it out of the forks. Very dark too. I believe it is called "Capella oil".

Back