free website stats program Fork oil | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Fork oil

The RK's don't have the cartridge in the forks, only the fairing bikes have that. Spend the $58 and buy the manual, it will be the best investment you make.

I am trying to save some $$$$ by asking questions here as opposed to spending $$$$ for a shop manual. Doesn't anybody out there have a manual that can tell me how much oil I need to put into my 2003 Road King forks ???

Yep, know what ya mean about savin money. We're all tryin ta save money too, by doing our own maintenance.....that's why we bought the manuals!!:s

I am trying to save some $$$$ by asking questions here as opposed to spending $$$$ for a shop manual. Doesn't anybody out there have a manual that can tell me how much oil I need to put into my 2003 Road King forks ???

There are many ways to save money but this shouldn't be one of them. Get yourself a manual.

This is my first post to this forum. I am a newby here. I have a 2003 Road King 100 Ann. issue that I want to change the fork oil on. I got it figured out how to do it, but I don't know how much oil to put in the forks after I drain them. Please tell me how much, and if there is anything I need to know in doing this task.
If your not leaking or haven't been leaking fork oil just drain them one at a time into a measuring cup. If you know how much came out then you will know how much goes in.

I second or third or fouth (what ever) go and buy a manuel. This won't be the last little piece of maintence advise you will need. P.S. you joined the right site for info on Harleys, no doubt!

Back