free website stats program Fork oil | Harley Davidson Forums

Fork oil

CobraSnake7

This is my first post to this forum. I am a newby here. I have a 2003 Road King 100 Ann. issue that I want to change the fork oil on. I got it figured out how to do it, but I don't know how much oil to put in the forks after I drain them. Please tell me how much, and if there is anything I need to know in doing this task.

Well I am new too on this forum, but you have to get your self a Maintenance
Manual, They say everythink how much oil you need , Ebay is the best place to go.:hii

Depends do you have a cartridge Fork on one side ? I know the 04's do .. that will make price go up

Dealer said they use a vacuum connected to drain screw.

Vacuum created in the fork sucks a pre-measured amount of oil into the fork

Not sure, I have a '03 Ultra, only 9500 miles so I can wait but I may get it done sometime this summer.

I have a '03 UC also. You have a cartridge in the left side. Makes changing the oil in the fork much more difficult. You have to remove that side and turn it over to let it drain out the top.

This is my first post to this forum. I am a newby here. I have a 2003 Road King 100 Ann. issue that I want to change the fork oil on. I got it figured out how to do it, but I don't know how much oil to put in the forks after I drain them. Please tell me how much, and if there is anything I need to know in doing this task.

This varies and depends if your RK has a cartidge in the left side (I don't know if it does or not). Also, if the front has had a lowering kit installed it uses less oil. See attached for the kit on an UC.

TQ

Attachments

• FLHT Lowering Kit Instructions - front.pdf
    427.2 KB · Views: 54
I am trying to save some $$$$ by asking questions here as opposed to spending $$$$ for a shop manual. Doesn't anybody out there have a manual that can tell me how much oil I need to put into my 2003 Road King forks ???

Back