free website stats program Fork brace | Harley Davidson Forums

Fork brace

They will give a bit more rigidity to the front end but I think they are a bit over rated myself.

Like Glider said they can make your front feel a little more firm (no flex). Back in the 70's they made my dirt bikes handle better, but front ends have come a long way since then. They do dress up the front end on some bikes.

Fork brace can be a useful addition to stopping front end flex when you have nothing else between the axle and the lower yoke
But as HD motorcycles are fitted with a heavy steel front fender this acts as a fork brace so the impact of fitting another would be minimal

Brian

Fork brace will improve front end stiffness and feel. How much depends on what is "firming" the front end now. Turn the fork to the lock and push the wheel with your knee and look at the flex. On my Sporty with the 39mm fork sliders and only the fender sheet metal mount holding lower slider, the flex is about 1/4"...

Until I bought my 48, which comes with one stock, I never owned a bike with one. Even in the old days of some pretty limp wristed forks. There is a certain 'solid' feel to the front end now, and I like it.

So much so that I believe I'm going to make one part of any new front end I run.

Back