free website stats program Foriegn bikes | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Foriegn bikes

When I ride my Yamaha, I find that many Harley riders don't pay me much attention. When I am riding my Triumph Bonneville, a lot of Harley riders stop to tell me that it is a cool bike, and many go on to tell me that they had one back in the day.
I am giving my bro the yamaha. My Harley is on order and I will be getting it at the end of March. Then I will have the Harley to go along with my Triumph. Very different bikes, but both have a lot of heritage. Can't hardly wait for the Harley. 2008 is going to be a hell of a year for me.

When I ride my Yamaha, I find that many Harley riders don't pay me much attention. When I am riding my Triumph Bonneville, a lot of Harley riders stop to tell me that it is a cool bike, and many go on to tell me that they had one back in the day.
I am giving my bro the yamaha. My Harley is on order and I will be getting it at the end of March. Then I will have the Harley to go along with my Triumph. Very different bikes, but both have a lot of heritage. Can't hardly wait for the Harley. 2008 is going to be a hell of a year for me.
Triumphs have style and heritage, all the old British bikes have it. I'd love to have a mint Norton Commando or Triumph Bonneville. :worthy

My first bike was a Honda 750.. Everyone I spoke to says dont buy a HARLEY to many problems. The Honda was good to me as the only repairs were 2 batteries, 1 chain , plugs and oil.

When my brother inlaw could no longer right his HARLEY I offered to buy it .

First impression was , WHAT HAVE I DONE ??
It took 2 weeks just to get the balance right. I would take off from a dead start and the bike would go either left or right.
The carb required a rebuild, my legs were 1 inch to short making it hard to balancing an 800 lb bike on uneven ground, the clutch cable required replacement , I had no idea what fluids to use, and the kick stand would not lock.

Since then, I bought a service manual and after a few trips to the HARLEY dealer for parts I fixed everything myself. The HARLEY book and this site really helped. Thanks to all on HDTALKING

I can't wait till next spring to ride my 95 FLHTC. For all you metric guys, you dont know what your missing.

I wont give up my HARLEY for love or money.

Well maybe for money if the price is right.

Well for me its not just a Harley thing. I own a Chevy Tahoe ,and the wife has a Dodge Gran Caravan. To me its a pride in my country kind of thing. Yeah ! I know they to are not completely 100 percent American made. However our economy is in trouble...coz lets face it... when the number 1 and no. 2 cars selling in our country are Toyota something is drasticly wrong. Over 100,000 people in the last 2 years have lost there jobs in the car indrustry. All our manufacting are going to China...so before long there will be two classes in our country ..The rich and the poor...we are slowly doing away with the middle class... So I buy American and Harley is American. We better wake up real soon..Don't ya think!...just my opinion......wish it were more....lol....Dan!

When I was a youngin I could not afford a harley so I rode jap bikes but now it's Harley all the way. I had some good times on them jap bikes and they held up well, I seem to wrench more on my harley but I keep it in better shape then them jap bikes and put on a ton more miles. I was really hard on bikes when I was a youngin, like the saying goes I rode them like I stole them!

I hear anti Japanese Talk from Harley riders almost everytime I'm around them and I am around alot of bikers.If you choose to ride one those "Japanese Bikes" you are somehow considered unworthy. Why is that?

Dont really understand this conundrum.I've got my FLSTN on order;my brothers have Fatboys each;i've got an immaculate Triumph Daytona and an XL 500 i've owned since'81.Our dad had a Ducati and we've got numerous other bikes in the family.We've all been bikers all our lives,still ride in all weather and give riders the respect they deserve on the road when we're tin-topping.This Harley-At -All -Costs attitude has got me buggered.
I would've thought we are all in this togethor.

REGARDS FROM NOT QUITE SO SUNNY QUEENSLAND

I Ride a 03 FLSTC, my first Harley. 32k miles no probs. Rode dirt bikes since high school-all Metric. After Grad got a Honda Rebel 250, then a Nighthawk 750. There will always be a Harley in my "Stable" looking to purchase a 40's or 50's Indian. Personally I don't care what YOU ride IF you show me the same respect I show you. For me Harley is more than a bike it is a WOL and full of Heritage and Tradition. Ride On!

Dont really understand this conundrum.I've got my FLSTN on order;my brothers have Fatboys each;i've got an immaculate Triumph Daytona and an XL 500 i've owned since'81.Our dad had a Ducati and we've got numerous other bikes in the family.We've all been bikers all our lives,still ride in all weather and give riders the respect they deserve on the road when we're tin-topping.This Harley-At -All -Costs attitude has got me buggered.
I would've thought we are all in this togethor.

REGARDS FROM NOT QUITE SO SUNNY QUEENSLAND

I can only tell is that here in USA. Harley-Davidson riders take them very,very serious.Its Harley or nothing.I myself owned Honda, Kawaski and Yamaha. There is something about and diffrent when you crawl on that big V-Twin for the first time. You just cant go back. I known i never will.:D

When I was a youngin I could not afford a harley so I rode jap bikes but now it's Harley all the way. I had some good times on them jap bikes and they held up well, I seem to wrench more on my harley but I keep it in better shape then them jap bikes and put on a ton more miles. I was really hard on bikes when I was a youngin, like the saying goes I rode them like I stole them!

Now there is an honest and mature answer. I value your answer and the fact that you did not throw the American flag into it. If we where to go home and pull out everything that is not made in America you would find halve of your belongings out on the street!

Harley is a great product, holds it's value and has much to offer over other bikes true, but there are so called JAP! bikes out there that spend more time riding and less time in the shop or on the side of the road.

An icon? yes great history yes! that I like and how soldiers wrode them during WWII, came home and bought all the surplus bikes. They felt the Army bikes HD made was powerful and built to last in the field so they started chopping off part they did not need and made them faster and created what today is the Choppers, bike clubs and the yearly gathering at Sturgis. That is what I love about a Harley Davidson product.

I am a soldier and have been for 32 years. I ride with soldiers and civilians. All my Army buds are war fighters as well and they ride Harleys, Hondas and what ever they feel like. I don't care what a feller rides as long as he or she RIDES and enjoys riding. The mode of transportation is enjoyed by you, they ride is enjoyed by all!

The free trade between the US original colonies and other countries began in the sixteen hundreds and has proven to be a very effective in allowing us to buy as well as sell. Keeps the the dollars moving.
Big Lou

Although after riding HD there is no turning back, but I wont be a HOG snob either. As long as u ride a bike i will ride with u. Cause we all know its only a matter of time b4 u convert from metric....:p

Back