free website stats program Ford F150 Harley Davidson truck | Harley Davidson Forums

Ford F150 Harley Davidson truck

horizonchaser

Contributor
Any forum members own, or know someone who owns a Harley Davidson edition F150 truck? If so, how do you like it? I'm asking this because I bought one last weekend and I'd like some feedback on it if you wouldn't mind. Thanks.

Any forum members own, or know someone who owns a Harley Davidson edition F150 truck? If so, how do you like it? I'm asking this because I bought one last weekend and I'd like some feedback on it if you wouldn't mind. Thanks.

I have worked on them, other than the fancy badges and dash they are a well built truck:s

Like Jack says, it's still an F-150. I had a 2002 model and loved everything about it except for the gas mileage and parking it (had the SuperCrew version.)

1999 Ford F150 XT sitting in the driveway with 149,000 miles. V6 (can't remember the liters). This has been one loyal friend for 13 years, never a bit of trouble, replaced oil & filter every 5,000 mi., one tune-up with new plugs, one radiator flush, three air filters, two batteries, on the second set of tires, just bought new shocks today to replace the OE.

Got a good deal ($49 ea.) on the shocks at Allout Offroad in Richmond, TX. Asked the counter guy how long shocks are supposed to last he said 60,000 was pushing it for OE, I hadn't noticed until last summer they needed replacing, but the bike is my primary transportation, guess I'm used to a somewhat bumpy ride.

Enjoy your F150, it's a well built truck!

Like Jack says, it's still an F-150. I had a 2002 model and loved everything about it except for the gas mileage and parking it (had the SuperCrew version.)
I have the SuperCrew version and I know what you mean about the parking. This is the 2010 model year and the gas mileage ain't nothin' to brag about on this one either!

1999 Ford F150 XT sitting in the driveway with 149,000 miles. V6 (can't remember the liters). This has been one loyal friend for 13 years, never a bit of trouble, replaced oil & filter every 5,000 mi., one tune-up with new plugs, one radiator flush, three air filters, two batteries, on the second set of tires, just bought new shocks today to replace the OE.

Got a good deal ($49 ea.) on the shocks at Allout Offroad in Richmond, TX. Asked the counter guy how long shocks are supposed to last he said 60,000 was pushing it for OE, I hadn't noticed until last summer they needed replacing, but the bike is my primary transportation, guess I'm used to a somewhat bumpy ride.

Enjoy your F150, it's a well built truck!
Sounds like you took goodcare of her and she paid you back by lasting for 13 years! Hopefully mine will to. :s

I have worked on them, other than the fancy badges and dash they are a well built truck:s
That's good to hear Jack. I'm in it for the long haul.

Last edited:
They are great trucks. I've never had a Harley Edition though i've drooled over them frequently. The newest model F150 I've had was a 2002, Ford has made a lot of improvements since then. But my absolute favorite vintage is the 70's era Ford pickups. Got a restored 79 that shares the garage with the Harley.

They are great trucks. I've never had a Harley Edition though i've drooled over them frequently. The newest model F150 I've had was a 2002, Ford has made a lot of improvements since then. But my absolute favorite vintage is the 70's era Ford pickups. Got a restored 79 that shares the garage with the Harley.

There certainly has been a lot of improvements. With the improved suspension, 22" low profile tires & Fords "Sync" technology tossed in there, I've got a lot of catching up to do. Still, I love it. I think the reason why I bought it is because I "drooled" over it too! :p

Not the HD version (didn't make back then), but I really enjoyed my 1978 F100 truck...one of my fav's when growing up. Took this pic @ friends house who had 1979 Z28 Camaro & we just finished detailing for night of cruz'n. It was the 1st vehicle I actually bought with my own ca$h...traded a 1974 Firebird Formula for it (another story). Ford's F-series trucks have survived @ top of the market for many years & I'm sure they'll stay threre. I know of four who have newer Ford trucks on my street alone.

Attachments

• 78-F100.jpg
    78-F100.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
The HD version of the F-150 never sparked any interest for me. I have a 2006 SuperCab F-150 with the 5.5' bed. It's a great truck. And I use it as a truck. It makes dump runs, hauls cargo, wood and so on. It also tows a Chariot motorcycle trailer and other types of trailers. It's towed stuff up to it's max GCWR. It hauls the dog around, makes trip to the range, and is the most comfortable vehicle I have for long trips. Its interior and exterior look almost new. But by looking at the bed, you can tell it lives it's life as a truck.

I don't understand why people purchase designer versions of these trucks, then never use it as a truck. It becomes a pretty display piece. Kinda like a motorcycle that's a show piece trailer queen.:dknow

Would I pay for an HD version of the F150, nope. :) If it cost the same as a non-designer version I would buy one. Then I would use for what it was built and designed to do... :p

My favorite Ford truck... My 94 F150 SuperCab Flareside.. I'd still have it but it was T-boned and totaled by a redlight runner. We walked away with no injuries. I bought my 2006 the day after the accident. That say alot to me about the measure of a truck.

Back