For those who have experienced the Electra Glide wobble

Discussion in 'Videos' started by dbmg, Dec 5, 2013.

1. dbmg

dbmg Experienced Member

2. Dr. Dolittle

Dr. Dolittle Experienced Member Staff Member Moderator Contributor

I've never experienced it - but I don't ride anywhere near that aggressively.

If I wanted to ride like that, I'd buy a sport bike.

3. dbmg

dbmg Experienced Member

Come on Doc...... You have never gone around a corner at least 35 mph faster than posted speed limit. If when I bought my bike and the dealer did not explain, the 1st time it happened I am sure the out come would not have been successful. It surely opens up your eyes..................:shock
    Its like a bronco bull, you hang on and ride it out.......:small3d011:

4. Dr. Dolittle

Dr. Dolittle Experienced Member Staff Member Moderator Contributor

Honestly, no. Not 35MPH faster. The only times I've scraped my boards have been low speed, tight maneuvering. I know - I'm just a boring, old, Harley cruiser!

5. dbmg

dbmg Experienced Member

Naw........... You are just puttin along and thats ok too........ I am 53 and just got my 1st dirt bike so maybe, I am just nuts................:newsmile01:

6. Nikko684

Nikko684 Active Member

I think you mistakenly flipped "35" around ?

7. dbmg

dbmg Experienced Member

Nope.........A earlier life of different cc sport bikes and 30 years of riding 2 wheelers.......:small3d026:

8. hogcowboy

hogcowboy Active Member

Guess I'm not used to seeing bike vids cause that did not look aggressive to me. I didn't hear any full throttle to power out of it either. Maybe I need to turn the volume up though. But won't giving it more throttle work to get it under control or is it truly just ride it out where you're at?

9. dbmg

dbmg Experienced Member

If and when it happens you just ride it out and any change in throttle or braking would upset chassis to the point of total loss of control.......

10. Jack Klarich

Jack Klarich Expert Member

I scared the dickens out of The Redhead cornering too fast going to Devils Tower, we were on a 1980 FLH at the time, dragging the front and rear floor boards:p