free website stats program For those who have experienced the Electra Glide wobble | Harley Davidson Forums

For those who have experienced the Electra Glide wobble

I've never experienced it - but I don't ride anywhere near that aggressively.

If I wanted to ride like that, I'd buy a sport bike.

Come on Doc...... You have never gone around a corner at least 35 mph faster than posted speed limit. If when I bought my bike and the dealer did not explain, the 1st time it happened I am sure the out come would not have been successful. It surely opens up your eyes..................:shock
Its like a bronco bull, you hang on and ride it out.......:small3d011:

Come on Doc...... You have never gone around a corner at least 35 mph faster than posted speed limit?

Honestly, no. Not 35MPH faster. The only times I've scraped my boards have been low speed, tight maneuvering. I know - I'm just a boring, old, Harley cruiser!

Honestly, no. Not 35MPH faster. The only times I've scraped my boards have been low speed, tight maneuvering. I know - I'm just a boring, old, Harley cruiser!

Naw........... You are just puttin along and thats ok too........ I am 53 and just got my 1st dirt bike so maybe, I am just nuts................:newsmile01:

Guess I'm not used to seeing bike vids cause that did not look aggressive to me. I didn't hear any full throttle to power out of it either. Maybe I need to turn the volume up though. But won't giving it more throttle work to get it under control or is it truly just ride it out where you're at?

Guess I'm not used to seeing bike vids cause that did not look aggressive to me. I didn't hear any full throttle to power out of it either. Maybe I need to turn the volume up though. But won't giving it more throttle work to get it under control or is it truly just ride it out where you're at?

If and when it happens you just ride it out and any change in throttle or braking would upset chassis to the point of total loss of control.......

Come on Doc...... You have never gone around a corner at least 35 mph faster than posted speed limit. If when I bought my bike and the dealer did not explain, the 1st time it happened I am sure the out come would not have been successful. It surely opens up your eyes..................:shock
Its like a bronco bull, you hang on and ride it out.......:small3d011:

I scared the dickens out of The Redhead cornering too fast going to Devils Tower, we were on a 1980 FLH at the time, dragging the front and rear floor boards:p

Back