free website stats program For those that have M&M FI | Harley Davidson Forums

For those that have M&M FI

wannaride

what type tunner works great with these bikes. I have a 1999 Ultra with a 95 CI BB, Andrews 37G gear drive cams, Fulsac True Duals, K&N air filter, loud aftermarlet Rinehart copy cats slip on. Previous owner had the BB & stage II w/SE203's the air filter & SE slip ons done by the dealer. Bike runs great but thinking I want to get the most from what I have done. I also about 2 years ago went from 45-50 mpg to 30-35 mpg's after the battery went dead & I was having problems with my injectors & I replaced them along with TPS, ETS, AITS, CKPS & CPS. Basically all the sensors do to them being 12 yrs old. Thanks

Toby

I had a power commander 3 on my 99 RKC from fuel moto.
They downloaded a custom map for my mods and she ran great.

Toby,
I use the Gen 3 from Dobecks...I think of this more as a fueler than a tuner..I think I am off base here because of your goal of wanting to improve gas mileage.
Stumbling around with a search engine a while back I saw Thundermax had a throttle body kit to bolt in place of the M&M. Trouble is I couldn't navigate to where I could get a price...but I'm thinking $1500 would cover a kit like this. Still you are on the road that's cool.

Thanks Craig, but I don't think I will have 1500.00 laying around for some time. I found a PC III for 55.00 that I might do for now (as soon as I can get the money up). There is also VFI Module Kit
That looks like a good thing. along with THAYERS SALES & SERVICE CORFU, NY (585) 762-4705
The Daytona Twin Tech.
Right now after about 100.00 miles, I can say I am happy. Noticed that even when I am taking it easy, up to cruise I am between 3000-4000 taking it eaxy & it gets right up to what ever speed I want.

Toby

Thanks Craig, but I don't think I will have 1500.00 laying around for some time. I found a PC III for 55.00 that I might do for now (as soon as I can get the money up). There is also VFI Module Kit
That looks like a good thing. along with THAYERS SALES & SERVICE CORFU, NY (585) 762-4705
The Daytona Twin Tech.
Right now after about 100.00 miles, I can say I am happy. Noticed that even when I am taking it easy, up to cruise I am between 3000-4000 taking it eaxy & it gets right up to what ever speed I want.

Toby
Hoople was telling me the Daytona stuff wouldn't/couldn't reset our OLD Harley's codes so I suggest some preplanning to insure it will work on our older ancient dilapidated obsolete motorsycles.

I think I would call & talk to the guy first on the Daytona. But untill I have enough cash to buy, I will wait.

Toby

I'm new to this forum, but have spent too much time on another. I read a similar post on another forum; it might have actually been the OP here. I have a 99eglilde and ran a PCIII for a few years with a dyno tune from a local guy who does great work. I have true duals, screamin eagle air cleaner and 204 cams. last year I got my ECM wet and it messed up my PC, which I disconnected; bike still runs good. My point is that the PC didnt seem to help a great deal, though my bike did seem to run a bit hotter. The MM fuel injection seems to be considerably richer that post 15 bikes. Having said all this I just installed the Dobeck 'jet kit' last night and will test it when the temps here get over 40 dergees. Not sure I'm helping you much but I dont think the MM system will run too lean without major mods.

Back