free website stats program for glider or hobbit | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

for glider or hobbit

rejetted the carburtor

Sorry for that glyder
As I was saying I changed both main and the pilot 180 and to a 45
I found that the fuel mixture screw Oring was damaged so I replaced it and I warmed the engine up and turned the mixture screw all the way in and the engine barley ran . So I turned it out about 2 to 2.5 until I had the best Idle I then rode the bike and I noticed that the bike did not have that low speed diesel when you would take off from a light . And I noticed that I have a better response in the low ranges also with the high ranges. The only thing that I noticed Is that between 45 and 60 if you excellerate normaly you will feel a shudder from the engine is that normal ? I think I am just looking for something that is not there. This s my first Harley so maybe this is normal with the new pipes and jets So any feed back would help

thanks sporty

Re: rejetted the carburtor

Sorry for that glyder
As I was saying I changed both main and the pilot 180 and to a 45
I found that the fuel mixture screw Oring was damaged so I replaced it and I warmed the engine up and turned the mixture screw all the way in and the engine barley ran . So I turned it out about 2 to 2.5 until I had the best Idle I then rode the bike and I noticed that the bike did not have that low speed diesel when you would take off from a light . And I noticed that I have a better response in the low ranges also with the high ranges. The only thing that I noticed Is that between 45 and 60 if you excellerate normaly you will feel a shudder from the engine is that normal ? I think I am just looking for something that is not there. This s my first Harley so maybe this is normal with the new pipes and jets So any feed back would help

thanks sporty

Most any time with a pipe and jet change too, you will feel the difference in the bike in the form of different vibrations being it is putting out more power now.

Back