free website stats program For Glider finally sorted out my FXSTDI Softail Deuce | Harley Davidson Forums

For Glider finally sorted out my FXSTDI Softail Deuce

Roulph

For Glider - Thanks for all the help over the past two years as you will recall I was getting diagnostic code P 0108 and had changed the sensor and still getting same code and the bike was running erratically. We tried everything and eventually ended up changing the sensor again, the high idle device on the fuel injector, the cables from the ECU to the sensor and finally the ECU itself. with no improvement on the bike. Finally I gave up and was about to strip all the electronics off the bike and put a carb on it when we discovered the the small rod the locates the butterfly flap in the injector was cracked which meant the flap did not align correctly which in turn lead to the diagnostic codes we were getting ( map sensor, throttle location sensor, high engine temp sensor, and the rest) the moral of this story is never trust a mechanic who totally relies on the Harley digital technician to find out what is wrong with your bike. We are off to Phuket in Thailand this weekend which is about 2500 kilometer round trip so keep your fingers crossed for us - Best wishes Richard

Richard

I'm glad you found the problem finally. Some mechanics can't think outside the box when it comes to troubleshooting a problem and that's what separates them from other mechanics that can find a problem that isn't written in the books.

Have a good trip and enjoy yourself.:D

Back