free website stats program For all the Father's | Harley Davidson Forums

For all the Father's

Boy how true....my son is 29. all i did was work & drug him along to help me, starting at 5 years old. but we were together just not fishing. He still don't like helping me. But i don't mind helping him, i just don't let on. See he is into old cars & i like bikes..He is still my little boy. God Bless him...

My dad was a WW2 veteran that served in the Pacific. My dad passed away many years ago. Dad was in the army and referred to it as the army air corp. I think my dad loved the Army more than he loved me. It' OK, I still share his passion for Harley-Davidson. My uncle (mother's brother) was a "Jar-Head" (Marine Corp) that served in the Korean war. It was funny as a kid watching my dad and uncle spar with each other while they were barbecuing. I was often persuaded to take sides in their numerous arguments. Not to offend dad, uncle "Black Stone" did look the best in his dress fatigues. Sorry dad.

I guess I was lucky growing up in a large (I'm #6 of 9 kids) farm family. Dad was always around. My best memories are of him teaching me how to drive the tractor at 11 yrs old. Each year after that progressing to larger, more complex machinery. Never went fishing and still don't but wished dad would've. Too late now, he's been gone 5 yrs.

Time slips by too fast when you're an adult.

Awesome message and yes, they grow too fast. Seems like yesterday my two were in diapers & now son's a senior & daughter's going to be a teenager.

Cherish the moments & take some time for your children. For us dads it's a little inconvenience to play a game, or throw a ball, but to your kids it's having fun w/their great father...something we'll all cherish forever.

How true this is. I remember when I took my boy flying on his 4th B-day. A bit windy on the landing and when I asked what he thought he stated..Dad you did ok but I would not want to fly alone with you again. Today he is in Afghanistan flying to help keep freedom in our lives. Time goes by way to fast these days so its a good thing that I still have the mind so I can slow those memories down a bit ad relive them time and again.

Sharpscuba; when you talk to your son tell him hello & thank you from me, & all of us here on the forum...

Back