free website stats program Foot of snow | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Foot of snow

Well Denver is not that far from MN. Come on down I assume she must like Harleys. Last Wed we rode 200 miles S to Pueblo on the Interstate 25, E on 96 past Pueblo reservoir (really Lake Pueblo but people have their own ways of naming things) to Westcliffe. N to Texas Creek on 50 and East to Canon City and home on 115. Now we knew the cold was coming it has been Highs in the 30's and some very cold nights since then.

She loves to ride, we we're out there about 6 weeks ago and went up into the mountains, beautiful state! One thing I like about the Denver area, it will snow but it's gone in a few days. Being that the sun shines most of the time it warms up nicely and melts the snow, I guess that's why they call it the mile high city.

I'm still sore from "blower-wrestling" my drive & sidewalks two days ago here in NE. Nothing worse than the rain-to-sleet-to-snow transition. Makes for ice-packed frustrating fun and, when you're all done, the county plow comes back for a 3rd pass and fills the end of your driveway (again). >.<

You guys up north don"t move to Las Vegas NV as we got close to a foot of snow or so. Thats what the weather man said. Its nice to see looking out my window. Oh the snow is in Mt. Charleston, here where I live is clear as a bell been riding just about every day. Nice to live here in the Las Vegas valley and look up on the mountain to see snow. Now on the other hand we pay for it in the summer when its over a 100. I use to live in northern Iowa so I know what snow is like. Yuck.
Merry Christmas to all and to all a good day.
Wiz

Keeps your beer cold without a fridge.:newsmile062:

one min on this one, i remember ice fishing....had to take a cooler for the beer so it didn't freeze....so yea keeps beer REAL cold....think i will stick with buying ice and trying not to get sand in the cooler....:newsmile036:

When i was in Germany with the British army it was pretty normal to keep beer on the balcony one evening i was watching tv and heard a pop pop pop from the balcony i had lost 3 bottles of beer had to take the rest inside to warm it up a wee bit the soft drinks were in plastic bottles and they just needed thawed out

Brian

ok so we are still waiting for the photo of Jack in the snow....or did he chicken out...:newsmile033::newsmile033:

Sometimes it seems like you just can't win. I grew up in Pa. and the riding,(roads, scenery etc), is awesome! You just couldn't pick a bad direction as long as you stay off the interstates! Last 20 years I've lived in South Florida and the riding is awesome as far as the weather is concerned but, the scenery leaves a lot to be desired I.M.O. except for cruising A1A along the beaches! There are curves and light traffic to be found but you have to really look. I enjoy my commute to and from work on the arrow straight Fl. turnpike but if there was somewhere I could live that had the weather of south Fl and the roads and scenery of North Central Pa I'd be looking into moving if I could land a good job! There is something about living close to the ocean that makes up for a lot!:D

Back