free website stats program foggy headlight | Harley Davidson Forums

foggy headlight

marty

has anyone had this problem the headlight is turn white on the inside not sure if i can take apart and buff it or will i need to buy new one?any help would be great !!! thanks ps 01 electra-glide classic

I don't think you can get inside to buff, have you tried buffing the out side just to be sure. I think you can up grade to the newer style if you need to replace, if it's from the salt air maybe you could fill and soak with something to remove the film?

Remove the headlight and the bulb and use a soft cloth on the end of a wood dowel and swished inside with warm soapy water and rinse and blow dry. Should be nice and clear now and the heat from the bulb will dry any residue moisture.
kemo

I used rubbing alcohol on mine worked great, evaporates quick.

Bodeen

My headlight and driving lights ('07 flhtc) got milky. Like others posted, ez to clean. I wonder if it's humidity that causes it, or driving in rain?

wash with dawn and hot water,then blow dry so you do not get water spots.this happens when new light bulbs burn there coating off when installing new light bulbs let them burn in 3-4 min out of the housing

wash with dawn and hot water,then blow dry so you do not get water spots.this happens when new light bulbs burn there coating off when installing new light bulbs let them burn in 3-4 min out of the housing

Interesting, thanks for the info.

I read somewhere that it is the coating on the bulbs themselves that causes the cloudy effect as the coating gets burned off.

Back