Foggy Glasses

Discussion in 'General Harley Davidson Topic' started by baldharleyrider, Nov 6, 2009.

1. baldharleyrider

baldharleyrider Member

Hey it has been a little chilly leaving from work in the evenings. Don't mind the cold so much but does anybody have any idea how to keep my glasses from fogging up? I usually wear clear safety glasses. But by the time I put my mask on and everything else they fog up until I get going down the road. Any ideas on how to stop this?

2. Hooligan

Hooligan Member

if there is a ski or snowboard shop or scuba shop in your town all of them should have little spray bottles of anti fog that will work just fine, usually cost about 5 bucks

3. kemo

kemo R.I.P

Used to always spit in my dive mask, that will work in your glasses.
    kemo

4. Polarbear

Polarbear Active Member

Hooligan is talking about Fog-X made by Rain-X. It works, So does the spit!

5. fin_676

fin_676 Experienced Member Staff Member Moderator Contributor

Spit has always worked for me on diving mask gas mask and motorcycle goggles

Brian

6. Dr. Dolittle

Dr. Dolittle Experienced Member Staff Member Moderator Contributor

Lady working in one of the booths at Biketoberfest said to use non-abrasive toothpaste! Anyone tried this?

7. baldharleyrider

baldharleyrider Member

Do I need to spit out my chewing tobacco first? Just kidding. Will try the spit and will try some of the rain-x stuff. thanks

8. STEVE07

STEVE07 Well-Known Member Staff Member Super Moderators

With new snorkel and scuba masks we always rub some toothpaste on them let it dry,then wipe off the residue.It works great.

Smitty Fog-X can be used on acrylics and lexan:s

9. AcidRayn

AcidRayn Active Member

learned from 30 years of scuba, little spit, buff it out nice with a microfiber, fog gone

10. UCWAYNE

UCWAYNE Banned

A 50/50 mix of baby shampoo and water. Spray it on, let it dry and them buff them with a clean soft cloth.

Works for my snorkle gear!!

Wayne