Fogging windshield

Discussion in 'General Harley Davidson Topic' started by mydeluxe, Mar 14, 2012.

1. mydeluxe

mydeluxe Member

Any idles on keeping the windshield form fogging up on the early morning rides…
    Thanks MD

2. HDDon

HDDon Experienced Member Contributor Retired Moderators

3. horizonchaser

horizonchaser Senior Member Contributor

Just wanted to add that even though they discourage using Pledge ( anathema!), I have been using it on my '03 Ultra's windshield since I owned it going on four years now and it looks great still. It works great for removing insects immediately right after a long, hard days ride.

4. gator508

gator508 Senior Member

Also use Pledge on my windshield and have since day 1, no problems sofar. Have only used microfiber cloths for application and buffing.

5. Mongo1958

Mongo1958 Junior Member

Great advice.

While on a ride with a group, we pulled into a parking lot. One of the riders spritzed some spray on my windshield and started to srcub away. I asked him to quit. He looked at me like I was being rude. I tried to explain but he still didn't under stand he was scratching my wind shield. I know the guy was tring to do a good deed but.... I had to buff out the scratches on my wind shield when I got home. Sheesh!

6. Dr. Dolittle

Dr. Dolittle Experienced Member Staff Member Moderator Contributor

Whoa - violates one of the cardinal rules of riding - you never touch another person's bike without their permission!