free website stats program Fog | Harley Davidson Forums

Fog

01dynaglide

Man the last three mornings on my way to work has been FOGGY! I don't mind riding at night but I do not like riding when it is dark and foggy. I can imagine i'm not the only one.

Got into the fog real bad riding in north Georgia a couple months ago. I slowed down and didn't overdrive my visibility but I was worried sick that someone coming up behind me wouldn't be so cautious. I spent more time in my mirrors than looking ahead, to be honest with you. Luckily it was on a very lightly travelled road and only lasted 10 or 15 minutes.

Man the last three mornings on my way to work has been FOGGY! I don't mind riding at night but I do not like riding when it is dark and foggy. I can imagine i'm not the only one.
I know what ya mean........when i ride to work in the mornings and its still dark out with fog, i hate it when the fog sticks to your windshield and your going down a two lane road and a car comes at ya with their "BRIGHT LIGHTS ON"..........and you freeze like a deer in the head lights:small3d012:

Like Dr Doolittle, I don't like that feeling someone may nail me from behind or pull out onto the road in front of me without me seeing them (or them seeing me). Yea, I'd take night driving over a "pea soup" fog anytime.

The thing I worry about besides the cages is not being able to see if anything is in the road or if an animal decides to come out from the side of the road. I always slow down when it is foggy and I'm amazed at the people that fly by like it is a clear sunny day.

I know what ya mean........when i ride to work in the mornings and its still dark out with fog, i hate it when the fog sticks to your windshield and your going down a two lane road and a car comes at ya with their "BRIGHT LIGHTS ON"..........and you freeze like a deer in the head lights:small3d012:

Agree with all the posts so far, besides the worry about being rear ended by a cager...

I for one hate the ones that get right on you and STAY THERE, lights in your face and using you as interference or a "deer catcher" (cow-catchers were used on old locomotives, one piece of nostalgia I don't care to mirror on a bike...).:bigsmiley18:

Last edited:
I haven't had this happen in the fog, but once in a bad rainstorm in Indiana, I had a semi play backdoor for me. He kept back a comfortable distance, and we did about 40 through the storm and he had his flashers on. I'm sure he could have passed me, but I think he was doing it consciously to keep others from running up on me. Just a thought if you have the oprotunity to help your brothers on the road.

Hate to make a generalization, but truckers are usually pretty cool, certainly more understanding the biker situation than the "cager" (a whole 'nother animal). :D

I would also agree,thats why they are called professional drivers.Well most of them anyway.I believe they have respect for motocycles because like them we have to drive on extra guard.Until a cage driver spends time on two wheels or 18 they will never know what it takes to stay safe while doing what we enjoy.

I was riding through some back roads in NC one morning came around a corner and dropped into a valley and the visibility went to about 10 feet. All of a sudden became really concerned about how bright my tail lights were and how bright they were on whatever might be in front of me. I am with Smitty on being able to see over the windshield. Mine went to can't see through in about half a second.

Back