free website stats program foam tyre filling | Harley Davidson Forums

foam tyre filling

gunnut

Anybody tell me if haveing this stuff in my tubed tyres( spoked wheels)is worth the expense,or will it make any difference to the difficulty when I need to change tyres(thereby increaseing the expense of same)
Basically I guess I'm asking about all the pros and cons,because I know nothing other than bits and pieces and these mostly from solid wheeled (tubeless) riders,and of course,the "honest opinion" of the guy selling the stuff.

I've heard of beads in tubeless tires but I'm not familiar with what you're asking about.

Hope someone else can help.

Is the foam an industrial foam that they use in off road equipment and lift trucks, or is it slime or similar product. I would think that if they used an industrial foam that would cause problems when removing the tire cause I think that you would have to cut the tire off because you could not collapse the bead and you couldn't get the tube out. I have used Slime in a tubed tire, but will not use it in a tubeless because of the mess and a lot of tire shops wouldn't touch these tires.
kemo

Most of the tire sealers in a can are a waste of time and money IMO and make tire repairs messy and in some cases dangerous. Some of this stuff is highly flammable and can destroy the inside of a tire or tube, Be careful:s I have had a hard time repairing customers tires with alot of this junk in them some times the glue will not even stick just my personal experiences here

Not worth the time or mess, when buying tires look for run flats, went 20 miles with the old lady on the back and pulling a trailer and made it to a shop for a change Michelin and Bridgestone make some.

Back