free website stats program flush led fuel gauge | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

flush led fuel gauge

I would have made that mistake, (JMO from what I have read) if it would have fit the deuce. After reading about some of the problems people have had, I am glad I didn't go with the L.E.D. fuel gauge or dip stick. They used to be on the list. :s

I would have made that mistake, (JMO from what I have read) if it would have fit the deuce. After reading about some of the problems people have had, I am glad I didn't go with the L.E.D. fuel gauge or dip stick. They used to be on the list. :s

No harm no foul, I personally like analog guages for their "old school simplicity", problem is LED type usually have more complicated electronics using control counter/timer logic/driver circuits that are more subject to damage due to transients such as static electricity, environmentals and vibration. :coffee

Last edited:
No harm no foul, I personally like analog guages for their "old school simplicity", problem is LED type usually have more complicated electronics using control counter/timer logic/driver circuits that are more subject to damage due to transients such as static electricity, environmentals and vibration. :coffee
Yeah, but they still look cool....:s LOL

I just like the smooth look, I could care less about the fancy lights or even a gas gauge for that matter. I've ridden for years with out one and have only ran out of gas once and that was on purpose to see how far I could get on reserve.:D

Mine worked for a few months, now I get missing LEDs and the middle fuel symbol as well disappears.

Loads of people say the same thing, but hey - they still look cool!!!

I just like the smooth look, I could care less about the fancy lights or even a gas gauge for that matter. I've ridden for years with out one and have only ran out of gas once and that was on purpose to see how far I could get on reserve.:D

I originally thought like that too.I really like the LOOK of these things;you know,-form follows function-type of thing.Then i started to think about being ripped off!With H.O.G discount,i can get this thing for about $290 from the local dealer,and it started to burn me up that i could pay this and still get rubbish for my cash.And H-D knows this.Just like my Digital Oil Gauge.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a flush mount kit #62823-06 for a 04-07 Road King. Will this fit my 08 Softail Deluxe ( shows part #62818-08 req'd) ,both look identical, wires and all ? Thanks

Welcome SWIFTHD harley say's it's for a 04-07 road king and they have made it an A also, so I would say no, plus it pobably will not work any longer then it takes you to install it.

Back