free website stats program Fluid Change | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Fluid Change

Some things escape us when we look at them and later on we say the same thing, it was so simple why didn't I think of that? :D

Why not SYN3 oil? I'm not arguing here, I just don't know. What oil do you recommend? Also, at the risk of looking very ignorant, what's the jiffy stand? ....my whole problem right now is the bike was last serviced, before I got it, at a Yamaha dealer so I don't know what's in there. I don't have the service manual yet so I don't even know the correct procedure to change the oil in all three holes.

Read this first
http://www.hdtimeline.com/oil_related_tips/

The "Jiffy Stand is what HD calls the side or kick stand.
I use Mobile 1 V-Twin 20w50 in the engine.

For the primary I'm using -
Spectro Heavy Duty Primary chaincase oil.
[FONT=century gothic, Arial, Helvetica]Heavy Duty Gold Primary Chaincase Lube/Transmission Lubricant is the ideal choice for all Big Twin and Sportster chaincases. It is also made especially to provide smooth shifting in Sportster and all Big Twin transmissions.[/FONT]
[FONT=century gothic, Arial, Helvetica]NOTE: This is not and engine oil. Do not add to any oil tank reservoir![/FONT]

[FONT=century gothic, Arial, Helvetica]In the trans I'm using Spectro Heavy Duty Platinum Full Synthetic 6 Speed Gear Oil SAE 75w140 API GL-5[/FONT]
[FONT=century gothic, Arial, Helvetica]
HD_Platinum_6_Speed_75W140.jpg
[/FONT]

Back